ChatGPT has taken the world by storm! Businesses must know how to leverage it as well as other AI tools so they can stay ahead of their competition—but how?
TaskDrive’s CEO, Tim Cakir, held an “unfiltered” webinar which was probably the first of its kind. Tim and his Sales Assistant, ChatGPT himself, showed the attendees step-by-step processes for using ChatGPT to help with:
- Creating sales pitches
- Writing LinkedIn bios
- Crafting sales sequences
- Fleshing out ideal customer profiles
- Coming up with engagement prompts
Who or what is ChatGPT?
Who better to ask about ChatGPT than ChatGPT itself? Using the prompt, “Tell me about yourself from a third person point of view,” here is what it had to say:
ChatGPT is an advanced language model developed by OpenAI. Trained on a vast corpus of text from the internet, ChatGPT possesses an extensive knowledge base encompassing various topics up until September 2021. With its cutting-edge GPT-3.5 architecture, it is designed to engage in natural language conversations, offering responses that aim to be informative and coherent.
ChatGPT is adept at understanding and generating human-like text, striving to provide accurate and helpful information to the best of its abilities. Its responses are generated based on patterns and insights learned during its training, although it should be noted that it does not possess personal experiences or subjective opinions.
Aside from the many benefits of ChatGPT as a tool, TaskDrive wanted to showcase how ChatGPT can double as a sales assistant that can help specifically with sales-related tasks. Essentially, using ChatGPT’s features and capabilities in a certain way can lead to not just faster writing, but also faster and more efficient sales operations.
What is the Prompt Framework and what is it for?
The Prompt Framework is basically using a set of questions and prompts to guide ChatGPT in generating content. It’s a briefing strategy for ChatGPT so the output is high quality, relevant, and accurate.
Here’s a quick example:
- Prompt A: Provide a company profile for [insert company name].
- Prompt B: You are a content writer specializing in marketing materials for [industry]. You will help me come up with a company profile that will be placed in the “About Us” section of our new website. Please write it in a friendly and approachable tone. Use short sentences, short paragraphs, and uncomplicated words. Here are some of the crucial information you must include in the final output: [insert details]
Even if you’re asking ChatGPT for the same thing, using different prompts will result in different results. You’ll be surprised at what it can do for you—but it will always depend on your prompt.
What else can the prompt framework do for you and your business?
- Save time and effort by providing a structured approach to generating content
- Ensure consistency across different outputs
- Maintain control over the quality of the output and steer the conversation in the desired direction
- Achieve more accurate and reliable results since the framework can help set constraints and ask questions to ensure that your responses align with your goals and objectives
In short, the prompt framework enables users to customize the behavior of ChatGPT to make it more useful for their specific business needs.
Of course, it’s also important to note that even though the Prompt Framework can improve ChatGPT’s performance and steer its responses, it does not guarantee perfect results. Careful prompt design, experimentation, and iteration are still needed to achieve the desired outcomes.
5 ways to maximize ChatGPT as a sales assistant
1. Creating a Sales Pitch
All sales executives know how vital an effective sales pitch is—and how difficult it is to craft. After all, it’s a brief message that should convince potential customers to do business with you. A good sales pitch should be concise, compelling, and relevant to your target audience.
So how can you prompt ChatGPT to create a sales pitch? Here are some tips as presented by Tim during the webinar:
- Give ChatGPT more context of what you want it to be (ex: You are a sales expert)
- Explain your objective (ex: You will help me write a unique sales pitch)
Outline the questions that you want ChatGPT to ask you so you can provide in-depth information (ex. Here are seven questions you’re going to need to ask me. Ask me one question and let me answer before asking the next question You will do these for all questions. After you get all the answers, create a fantastic storytelling sales pitch.)
Here’s an example of a sales pitch for LTVplus that was created by ChatGPT within 10 minutes following our prompt:
Imagine a world where your eCommerce business has outstanding customer support around the clock, capable of handling any volume of requests, even during peak seasons. That world is now a reality with LTVplus, your trusted customer service outsourcing provider.
In a competitive landscape where your in-house team or AI automation might fall short, LTVplus offers a game-changing solution. Our world-class dedicated customer support agents flawlessly integrate with your business, providing multilingual and multichannel support through phone, email, and chat, 24/7.
We are LTVplus, a company committed to helping eCommerce brands like yours increase Customer Lifetime Value. We recruit and train agents from all over the world to give your business the right people, skills, and languages for success. Our unique value proposition is simple: low-cost, high-quality customer support that grows with your business.
Now, it’s your turn to experience the LTVplus difference. Book a call with us today, and let’s start deploying your world-class customer support team ASAP. Together, we will unlock your business’s true potential!
2. Crafting a LinkedIn Bio
A LinkedIn bio can make or break a connection. After all, it’s a brief summary of a person’s professional experience, skills, and accomplishments. Someone can be very skilled and accomplished, but if their LinkedIn bio doesn’t reflect this, then a potential professional relationship can go down the drain.
Sales executives need excellent LinkedIn bios that can effectively capture the attention and keep the interest of people they’re connecting with.
Here’s how you can apply the Prompt Framework so ChatGPT can write a great bio for you and each member of your sales team:
- Give ChatGPT more context of what you want it to be and how you want it to think” (ex: You are a copywriter expert in LinkedIn about/bio sections; you will help me re-write my LinkedIn bio)
- Provide the flow that ChatGPT should follow (ex: Use a hook to draw attention, then tackle pain points, then present a solution.)
- Provide an example of a LinkedIn bio that really stood out to you and that is relevant to your industry
- Outline the questions that you want ChatGPT to ask you so you can provide in-depth information (ex: What is your expertise? Who is your target audience?)
3. Designing a Sales Sequence Framework
A sales sequence framework is like a bible for sales teams and individual SDRs. It contains a set of steps to be followed when engaging with a potential customer with the goal of moving the lead through the sales funnel. Using a sales sequence framework ensures that the sales process is structured, consistent, and efficient.
Some benefits of using ChatGPT to create sales sequence frameworks include:
- Flexibility to tailor sequences according to specific industries or products.
- Retain consistent elements across multiple sequences
- Reduce the time needed to develop sales sequences from scratch
- Ability to create a large number of sales sequence frameworks in a short amount of time
When using ChatGPT to create sales sequence frameworks, do remember the following:
- Establish its role for this specific task (ex: You are an expert in outbound sales)
- Explain what you need it to do (ex: You will help me create a sales sequence that will be a multitouch approach that will be driven by manual tasks)
- In your prompt, list down the steps in your sales sequence and provide a rough overview of what happens during each step. (ex. Step 1: Task; Medium to immediate priority; Research and connect on LinkedIn)
- Prompt ChatGPT to tackle each step one by one and to ask you questions so that the tool has what it needs to create the sales sequence (ex. First name of prospect, company size, etc.)
- Once you have your sales sequence framework in place, you can use ChatGPT to create personalized emails or messages for each prospect by entering their details and asking ChatGPT to create the sales messages for that specific prospect.
4. Creating an Ideal Customer Profile
Having an Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) helps keep sales teams on track. It is essentially a description of the type of customers who are most likely to buy your product or sign up for your service.
With an ICP, your sales team can go all in on improving your conversion rate. Plus, you can use your ICP to further solidify your prompts on ChatGPT to ensure that every output is relevant and targeted to your ICP.
Interestingly, you can also use ChatGPT to craft your ICP Playbook. Here’s how:
- Provide as much information as you can about your product or service
- Describe your target market in detail as well as your unique value proposition
- Go over the format of the ICP Playbook that you want to follow
- Give ChatGPT the questions that you want it to ask you about your ideal customer so it can consolidate as much information as it can
- Remind ChatGPT to go over each question one by one so it has the opportunity to explain
5. Boosting LinkedIn Engagement
A well-thought-out sales pitch, an attractive LinkedIn bio, an effective sales sequence that’s ready to go, and an ICP—these are all essential tools for your SDRs.
As your SDRs begin their outreach, they will also connect with a lot of people on LinkedIn. They will attempt to build relationships with potential customers, establish thought leadership, and increase brand awareness. Engaging on LinkedIn consistently and maintaining a presence can do wonders for sales conversions.
Since SDRs need to focus on calls and proposals, ChatGPT can work in the background and help them boost their engagement on LinkedIn. It can craft different types of content: a value post, a comment, an article, a private message, and even a connection request.
Bonus Resource: The Prompt Iterator
While there are many ready-made prompts that you can start using right away, knowing how to craft effective prompts is one of the most in-demand skills of today. In the event that you have a sales task and you cannot find any prompt to reuse, you can always create your own prompt using ChatGPT. So meta, right?
To start off, you can use the Prompt Iterator here and further tailor it to your preferences. The basic idea is that you will tell ChatGPT that you need its help creating a prompt for it to use. Then you go back and forth between questions and suggestions until you arrive at an effective prompt.
Ready to transform your sales process with your new assistant?
High-quality prompts are really the game-changer when it comes to using ChatGPT. Sometimes, something as simple as adding one sentence to your prompt can drastically change the outcome.
There are many other ways to use ChatGPT as a sales assistant aside from the five ways discussed above, and the TaskDrive team is continuously working on more prompts for sales-specific tasks. Additionally, you can find more prompts in AIPRM for ChatGPT and the TaskDrive ChatGPT Prompts Library.
While ChatGPT can be a powerful tool for improving sales-related tasks and processes, it’s important to use it effectively, ethically, and with best practices in mind. Let us know what issues or challenges you run into as you start incorporating ChatGPT into your sales initiatives—the TaskDrive team will be more than happy to discuss.